Pokerstars Announces Preliminary Details of North American Poker Tour (NAPT)Published on January 6th, 2010 4:30 pm EST
Earlier today, Pokerstars officially announced the formation of the NAPT (North American Poker Tour).
The tour, as of now, officially has three events for 2010. They are:
1. The PCA main event (which is currently taking place right now)
2. The main event of the Deep Stack Extravaganza at the Venetian in February, which will be a $5,000 buy-in NAPT event
3. The main event of a series at the Mohegan Sun in April. The main event, which will feature a $5,000 buy-in, will run from April 7-11.
According to Pokerstars, more events will be announced "over the coming weeks and months".
A few other notes:
-Pokerstars will be filming the tournaments and is hoping to land a television deal soon
-the NAPT TV series will be hosted by Joanna Krupa
-Pokerstars will be running online satellites for NAPT events, just as they do with EPT, APPT, etc. events
A few things jumped out at me after hearing about this announcement:
1. The World Poker Tour (now owned by Party Poker) can't be very happy at all about this announcement
2. With Pokerstars pushing these events (in terms of marketing, online satellites, etc), the field sizes should be very large.
It should be interesting to hear where else Pokerstars is planning on taking the NAPT tour. According to them, "we are going to a lot of beautiful places."
Source: Pokerstars, Joanna Krupa to Host NAPT
Filed Under: Online Poker Rooms